Generation Beauty NY 2015 Experience & Swag Bag Haul!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Hello loves!

Generation Beauty NY 2015

This past weekend (October 3 & 4) I attended Generation Beauty NY - which was Ipsy's first time bringing the show to the east coast! I have attended Gen Beauty LA the last two times, and was excited (and of course, relieved) when I found out that it was going to be just a 20 minute train ride away from me.
Generation Beauty NY 2015
The cuddly Gen Beauty bear and I 
The event was held at Pier 92 in Manhattan, which allowed for more space compared to the space provided at LA Live. Walking in, the decor was familiar of that from LA. I decided to register the night before the actual event to avoid long lines the day of the event. I was disappointed when I found out that they weren't giving away totes upon registering. They instead encouraged you to bring your own tote (so that you can carry the items you will be receiving throughout the event). You had the option of purchasing an Ipsy tote, but I decided to just bring the one that was given to me back in LA.

A view inside of Pier 92 
NYX at Gen Beauty NY 2015
The NYX booth at Gen Beauty NY 
Ofra Cosmetics

Essence Cosmetics
On to the event itself : it was definitely quite busy and full of people! I felt like there were way more people here in NY then back in LA. Although I had a good time with the friends that I went with, I felt that the vibe was off overall. My friends noticed it as well - now I'm not sure if it was because we were in a completely different city (but we were in our city, for crying out loud!) or because the weather wasn't so great (thanks to hurricane Joaquin). I noticed there were way less panels, and a lot less interaction between attendees and the big name beauty influensters. I also found myself waiting on lines for ridiculous amounts of time, which meant I missed out on goodies I could have gotten at different booths, which in turn kinda sucked the fun out of the experience in general.
At the MUFE booth for day 2! 
LustreLux and I! 
Laura Gellar and I (iPhone pic, sorry)
The lovely PatrickStarrr and I 
Moving on to the best part - the goods! I was happy with the goodies I received throughout the 2 days I was at the event. In the picture I only show you what I got in the gift bags for Saturday and Sunday, but in my Generation Beauty Swag Bag Haul video I go more in depth and show you everything that I got - go check it out below!

Day one and two gift bags


I am looking forward to attending more Gen Beauty events in the future! If you have attended Generation Beauty, what was your experience like? Let me know!

post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!